Apply now to be considered for the Climate Economy Resilient Communities program in 2024.
All around Vermont, communities are seeking to become more resilient and thrive in a changing world and climate.
VCRD’s Resilient Communities Program (formerly known as Climate Economy Model Communities) supports three to five communities each year working on local climate action solutions that help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, lower energy use, increase climate resilience, and/or strengthen the local climate economy. Services are adaptable based on the community’s needs and can include support with community engagement processes, strategic planning, technical assistance, and/or project implementation.
Criteria for selecting communities to partner with in 2024 will include a mix of following:
- Energy burden mitigation
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and/or increase renewable energy consumption
- Collaboration, representation, and equitable engagement across diverse stakeholders (including the municipality)
- Increase human, built and natural resilience
- Engage partners willing to assist with implementation
- Strengthening the local climate economy – jobs created, revenue, revitalization
- Appreciation that a vibrant climate economy should directly address the challenges faced by low-income household community members
- Interesting problems that can model solutions for other towns
- Connection to utility efficiency and renewable energy programming and scalable opportunities
- Leveraging grant funding opportunities