Over 500 entrepreneurs, investors, and thought leaders attended the cc:econ Catalysts of the Climate Economy Summit – a 3-day national innovation summit in Burlington, Vermont to gear up for the next stage of economic development and prosperity in a low-carbon future and accelerate progress toward the significant economic opportunities associated with solving the unprecedented challenges presented by climate change.
Here are links to Summit resources:
- Summit Summary and Next Steps (pdf)
- Notes from Dialogue Sessions, Facilitated Tours, and the Follow-Up Survey (pdf)
- Participant List (pdf)
- Photo Album
- #ccecon Tweet Collage
- Video of Sessions
- Presentations (pdf’s):
- P1. Pitch: Transforming Transportation Systems: Alex Keros, General Motors | Ryan Popple, Proterra
- P2. Pitch: Carbon Pricing or Market Development: Marie-Claude Francoeur, Quebec Delegate to New England | Michelle Romero, Green for All
- P4. Pitch: Financing & Marketing Comprehensive Home Efficiency Transformations: Andy Frank, Sealed
- S1a. Spark: Seeding and Growing Climate Economy Entrepreneurship: Josh Whiton, TransLoc
- S1b. Spark: Renewing the Farm, Forest and Working Lands Economy: Josh Prigge, Fetzer Vinyards
- S2a. Spark: Expanding Clean Energy and Efficiency Finance: Jessica Brown, Climate Policy Initiative | Bryan Garcia, Connecticut Green Bank
- S2b. Spark: Advancing Clean Energy and the Grid: Jay Bellows, Northern Reliability | David Blittersdorf, AllEarth Renewables | Seyi Fabode, Asha Labs
- S3a. Spark: Buildings of the Future: Low Carbon Solutions in our Built Environment: Aaron Carpenter, TideSmart West | Alex Wilson, Resilient Design Institute
- S3b. Spark: Incubating and Accelerating New Business Ventures: Emily Reichert, Greentown Labs | Marilyn Waite, Village Capital
- S4a. Spark: Innovation for Consumer Products: Paul Hendricks, Patagonia | John Replogle, Seventh Generation
- S4b. Spark: Modeling Community Success: Mayor Bob Dixson, Greensburg Kansas | Darron Scott, Kodiak Electric Association
- Full Summit Program (pdf)
Summit features included:
- speeches, roundtables, and discussion groups with industry leaders from around the country in clean energy, green building, agriculture, transportation, tech innovation, efficiency improvement, smart growth, and more. [Speakers included Jigar Shah, Co-Founder of Generate Capital; Danny Kennedy, Managing Director of the California Clean Energy Fund; Mary Powell, CEO of Green Mountain Power; Gary Hirschberg, Chairman and Former CEO of Stonyfield Farm; John Replogle, President and CEO of Seventh Generation; Dan Reicher, Executive Director of the Steyer-Taylor Center for Energy Policy and Finance at Stanford University; and many more.
- an innovation and pitch contest for entrepreneurs from around the country to exhibit their ideas for a better future. Pitch contest finalists had the opportunity to present their work to an audience of investors and summit participants, and the winner received a cash prize.
- a series of guided “innovation tours” around Vermont showing the climate economy in action. Tours showcased businesses, farms, utilities, policy, initiatives, and communities as models of energy production, efficiency, and economic development – each in a particular area of interest, including Green Building and Design, Distributed Generation and the Rural Grid, and other themes central to the summit agenda.