e-Vermont initiatives in Jay-Westfield were spearheaded by the Jay Peak Area Chamber of Commerce, Jay-Westfield School, Jay and Westfield town governments and other organizations. In just over a year, this team succeeded in bringing the following accomplishments to Jay-Westfield:
- Forty-one netbook packages – along with weekly training for students and teachers – to ensure that every student in grades 4, 5 and 6 receives a 21st century education;
- The Snelling Center for Government template, domain name registration and Clearbearing hosting for one year for Westfield to create their very first municipal website;
- A workshop on the topic of Getting Your Business Online conducted by the Vermont Small Business Development Center at Jay-Westfield School for business owners and entrepreneurs;
- Five computers for workshops and trainings to be held at the Jay or Westfield Community Centers (computer packages include Five HP Pavillion g7-1365 17” laptops, five USB mice, five licenses for MS Office Professional and a laptop storage and charging cart );
- Read about many other accomplishments in the Jay-Westfield Re-Cap (pdf).
For more information about ongoing efforts in Jay and Westfield, contact:
Jay / Westfield e-Vermont Steering Committee