Fairfield initially appealed to e-Vermont for help addressing the community goals that emerged from its 2010 VCRD Community Visit. Initiatives in Fairfield were spearheaded by the Bent Northrop Library, town government, and other individuals and organizations. In just over a year, this team succeeded in bringing the following accomplishments to Fairfield:
- Fifty netbook packages – along with weekly training for students and teachers – to ensure that every student in grades 4 and 5 receives a 21st century education;
- An enhanced and expanded municipal website that uses the e-Vermont template;
- A new mobile lab to help more residents and migrant workers access the Internet, find social services and jobs, and connect to research and educational opportunities;
- A “Tech Team” of volunteers coordinated by the Bent Northrop Memorial Library to assist residents with small (and maybe large) digital challenges;
- Read about many other accomplishments in the Fairfield Re-Cap (pdf).
For more information about e-Vermont activities in Fairfield, contact:
Fairfield e-Vermont Steering Committee