VCRD is seeking a dedicated, energetic and hardworking Community Engagement and Policy Associate to support VCRD community leadership and engagement efforts, and rural policy initiatives. The Associate must be a team player with excellent communications skills, an eagerness to learn, and a strong sense of mission in service to rural Vermont communities.
We’re looking for someone who:
- demonstrates excellent verbal, writing, and listening skills and is able to synthesize contributions from multiple sources.
- has strong organizational and task management skills.
- respects divergent points of view and can balance multiple, sometimes conflicting ideas.
- is familiar with community outreach strategies, and has experience reaching out to underserved or marginalized community members.
- understands or wants to learn more about rural Vermont communities and the issues and opportunities they face today.
Salary range of $40,000-$45,000 based on skills and experience; attractive benefit package. The position is based in the VCRD Montpelier office with remote work flexibility. Regular evening meetings and in state travel required.
To Apply: email letter of interest and resume to [email protected]. Application deadline: August 15, 2023.