Write a letter to your local newspaper. (A list of papers with their email addresses is below.)
- Send your letter by email, and only send it to one paper at a time. Do not cc (or bcc) multiple newspapers.
- In your 3‐paragraph letter:
- Say you support funding the Working Lands Enterprise Fund at $1 million for FY 2017 and you hope legislators will, too.
- In the second paragraph, say why you think the Working Lands Enterprise Fund is a good investment (see below for some ideas)
- In the last paragraph, send readers to www.vtworkinglands.org for more information.
- Keep your entire letter to no more than 400 words – 3 short paragraphs.
- Be sure to include your: a) Full name b) Town c) Phone Number and Email Address.
- If your letter gets published, please send us a copy – you can mail it to VWLP c/o PO Box 551, Montpelier VT 05601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a link to the letter online.
Reasons the WLEF is a good investment - pick one or two, or use your own reasons!
The Working Lands Enterprise Fund:
- Creates jobs in working lands enterprises
- Keeps young entrepreneurs in Vermont
- Builds new markets for value-added products
- Increases capacity for in-state production
- Leverages more investment for growing enterprises
FY13 & FY14 grants – reporting above from about half of the grants - results:
- Leveraged $4.9 million in matching funds
- 106 new (FTE) jobs created
For the 49 completed projects: for every $10,000 invested, gross income increases 10x and 1 new job is created!
Daily Papers, Location, LTE contact
Bennington Banner, Bennington, email@example.com
Brattleboro Reformer, Brattleboro, firstname.lastname@example.org
Burlington Free Press, Burlington, email@example.com
Caledonian Record St., Johnsbury, firstname.lastname@example.org
Eagle Times (NH), Claremont, NH, email@example.com
Newport Daily Express, Newport, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rutland Herald, Rutland, email@example.com
St. Albans Messenger, St. Albans, firstname.lastname@example.org
Times Argus, Barre-Montpelier, email@example.com
Valley News, Upper Valley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Papers, Location, LTE contact
Addison Independent, Middlebury, email@example.com
Barton Chronicle, Barton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon Reporter, Brandon, email@example.com
Charlotte News, Charlotte, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colchester Sun, Colchester, email@example.com
County Courier, Enosburg Falls, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deerfield Valley News, West Dover, email@example.com
Essex Reporter, Colchester, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hardwick Gazette, Hardwick, email@example.com
Manchester Journal, Manchester Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
Milton Independent, Milton, email@example.com
Montpelier Bridge, Montpelier, firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Citizen, Morrisville, email@example.com
Northfield News, Northfield, firstname.lastname@example.org
Randolph Herald, Randolph, email@example.com
Shelburne News, Shelburne, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stowe Reporter, Stowe, email@example.com
The Islander, South Hero, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Journal Opinion, Bradford, email@example.com
The Message, Chester, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Observer, Jamaica, email@example.com
The World, Barre, firstname.lastname@example.org
Town Crier, Bellows Falls/Brattleboro-Wilmington, email@example.com
Transcript, Morrisville, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont News Guide, Manchester Center, email@example.com
Vermont Standard, Woodstock, firstname.lastname@example.org
Waitsfield Valley Reporter, Waitsfield, email@example.com
Waterbury Record, Waterbury, firstname.lastname@example.org
Williston Observer, Williston, email@example.com