e-Vermont initiatives in Morristown were spearheaded by Morristown town government, People’s Academy Middle Level School, Centennial Public Library, River Arts, Morristown Rescue and other organizations. In just over a year, this team succeeded in bringing the following accomplishments to Morristown:
- Fifty netbook packages - along with weekly training for students and teachers – to ensure that every student in grade 6 receives a 21st century education;
- A free online neighborhood forum at frontporchforum.com that 441 subscribers in Morristown continue to use to buy and trade household items, promote local events and volunteer needs, discuss local issues, share wildlife sightings, and recommend local businesses;
- Two workshops for business owners and entrepreneurs on the topics of Social Media Marketing and Google Tools for Small Business’ conducted by the Vermont Small Business Development Center at the Tegu Building;
- A workshop pilot for instructors (iConnect) designed to prepare state agency employees, community organization staff, town librarians and others to assist clients/patrons with using the Internet to find health information, apply for employment and social services, etc;
- Creation of a public access Wi-Fi zone along Portland Street, connectmorristown.org, including 4 Anaptyx OD2-N MIMO access points, site survey, installation, Anaptyx AWD Cloud Controller and Haystack Digital / e-Vermont portal template;
- Read about many other accomplishments in the Morristown Re-Cap (pdf).
For more information about ongoing efforts in Morristown, contact: