e-Vermont initiatives in Castleton were spearheaded by the Castleton Free Library along with Castleton Elementary School, the community center, town government, and other individuals and organizations. In just over a year, this team succeeded in bringing the following accomplishments to Castleton:
- Forty-five netbook packages - along with weekly training for students and teachers – to ensure that every student in grade 5 receives a 21st century education;
- A free online neighborhood forum at frontporchforum.com that 348 subscribers in Castleton and neighboring Hubbardton continue to use to buy and trade household items, promote local events and volunteer needs, share wildlife sightings, and recommend local businesses;
- An enhanced and expanded municipal website that uses the e-Vermont template can be accessed at CastletonVermont.org;
- A community portal site to connect residents and visitors to local businesses, local events, and community resources – as well as to the municipal and library websites;
- Read about many other accomplishments in the Castleton Re-Cap (pdf).
For more information about e-Vermont activities in Castleton, contact:
Castleton e-Vermont Steering Committee