Write a letter to your local newspaper. (A list of papers with their email addresses is below.)
- Send your letter by email, and only send it to one paper at a time. Do not cc (or bcc) multiple newspapers.
- In your 3‐paragraph letter:
- Say you support funding the Working Lands Enterprise Fund at $1 million for FY 2017 and you hope legislators will, too.
- In the second paragraph, say why you think the Working Lands Enterprise Fund is a good investment (see below for some ideas)
- In the last paragraph, send readers to www.vtworkinglands.org for more information.
- Keep your entire letter to no more than 400 words – 3 short paragraphs.
- Be sure to include your: a) Full name b) Town c) Phone Number and Email Address.
- If your letter gets published, please send us a copy – you can mail it to VWLP c/o PO Box 551, Montpelier VT 05601 or email email@example.com if you have a link to the letter online.
Reasons the WLEF is a good investment - pick one or two, or use your own reasons!
The Working Lands Enterprise Fund:
- Creates jobs in working lands enterprises
- Keeps young entrepreneurs in Vermont
- Builds new markets for value-added products
- Increases capacity for in-state production
- Leverages more investment for growing enterprises
FY13 & FY14 grants – reporting above from about half of the grants - results:
- Leveraged $4.9 million in matching funds
- 106 new (FTE) jobs created
For the 49 completed projects: for every $10,000 invested, gross income increases 10x and 1 new job is created!
Daily Papers, Location, LTE contact
Bennington Banner, Bennington, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brattleboro Reformer, Brattleboro, email@example.com
Burlington Free Press, Burlington, firstname.lastname@example.org
Caledonian Record St., Johnsbury, email@example.com
Eagle Times (NH), Claremont, NH, firstname.lastname@example.org
Newport Daily Express, Newport, email@example.com
Rutland Herald, Rutland, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Albans Messenger, St. Albans, email@example.com
Times Argus, Barre-Montpelier, firstname.lastname@example.org
Valley News, Upper Valley, email@example.com
Weekly Papers, Location, LTE contact
Addison Independent, Middlebury, firstname.lastname@example.org
Barton Chronicle, Barton, email@example.com
Brandon Reporter, Brandon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlotte News, Charlotte, email@example.com
Colchester Sun, Colchester, firstname.lastname@example.org
County Courier, Enosburg Falls, email@example.com
Deerfield Valley News, West Dover, firstname.lastname@example.org
Essex Reporter, Colchester, email@example.com
Hardwick Gazette, Hardwick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester Journal, Manchester Center, email@example.com
Milton Independent, Milton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Montpelier Bridge, Montpelier, email@example.com
News & Citizen, Morrisville, firstname.lastname@example.org
Northfield News, Northfield, email@example.com
Randolph Herald, Randolph, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelburne News, Shelburne, email@example.com
Stowe Reporter, Stowe, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Islander, South Hero, email@example.com
The Journal Opinion, Bradford, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Message, Chester, email@example.com
The Observer, Jamaica, firstname.lastname@example.org
The World, Barre, email@example.com
Town Crier, Bellows Falls/Brattleboro-Wilmington, firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcript, Morrisville, email@example.com
Vermont News Guide, Manchester Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont Standard, Woodstock, email@example.com
Waitsfield Valley Reporter, Waitsfield, firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterbury Record, Waterbury, email@example.com
Williston Observer, Williston, firstname.lastname@example.org