Check-in opens at 8:00 a.m. in the House Lobby with coffee and muffins available for conference participants in the Cafeteria. The Summit will start promptly at 9:00 in the House Chamber. With over 300 people coming, we recommend that you come early to find parking, check-in and get a good seat. We encourage car pooling and use of public transportation if possible. Here are some transportation options:
- CAR POOLS:
Contact us at email@example.com and we'll send you the list of all who have already registered. You can look through it and see who is coming from from your area - and reach out to coordinate!
- PARKING / SHUTTLE SERVICE:
Parking will be available at back of the Department of Labor parking lot with shuttle runs to the State House both in the morning and afternoon. The morning shuttle will run from 7:45am to 9:45am and the afternoon shuttle will run from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. Shuttle pick-ups and drop-offs: back of the Dept of Labor lot and to the west entrance of the State House.
: From I-89, take Exit 8 to merge onto Memorial Drive. Stay straight at the light and take your first left into the parking lot before the High School tennis courts. Take the first right and find a spot at the back of the lot. The shuttle to the State House will pick you up there.
- PARKING IN TOWN:
Early arrivals can test your luck for a few spots near the State House on Court Street and Senator Aiken Avenue. Also, there are a couple of lots across from the Court House where you can purchase up to 4 hours or 8 hours of parking at a time. Lot entrances are on either side of Christ Church on State Street. Meter parking on the streets of Montpelier is limited to 2 hours.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS:
Montpelier now has excellent bus service during commuting hours from Chittenden County, St. Johnsbury and other points:
- LINK Express: http://gmtaride.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/MontLINK.pdf. Offering service to/from Burlington and Montpelier morning, mid day and afternoon and now offers FREE Wi-Fi. It also stops at the Richmond Park & Ride. The LINK can drop you off right at the State House. Fare is $4/one way.
- US 2 Commuter: http://gmtaride.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/US2.pdf. Offering service to/from Montpelier and St. Johnsbury/Marshfield/Plainfield/East Montpelier morning and afternoon. The US 2 stops at the Pavilion Building on State St. along with People’s United. Regular Fare $2/one way and Discount Fare $1/youth/senior/disabled
- Waterbury Commuter: http://gmtaride.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/waterburyComm.pdf. Offering service to/from Waterbury and Montpelier morning and afternoon. The Waterbury Commuter stops at State St. and Bailey, along with stopping by on board request at the DMV building on State Street. Fare $2/one way and Discount Fare $1/youth/senior/disabled
- Route 100 Commuter: http://gmtaride.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Route100.pdf. Offering service to/from Morrisville/Stowe and Waterbury with connecting service to the Waterbury Commuter morning and afternoon. Fare $2/one way and Discount Fare $1/youth/senior/disabled.
- City Commuter: http://gmtaride.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/CityComm.pdf. Offering service to/from Barre and Montpelier morning, mid day and afternoon. Fare $1/one way and Discount Fare .50 youth/senior/disabled.
- Stage Coach also offers the 89er which connects commuters between Randolph and Montpelier, and now offers a stop on State Street. The specific route information can be found at http://www.stagecoach-rides.org/.