One of 40 Councils nationwide, the VCRD is an independent non-profit with a 23 member Board of Directors representing federal, state, local, private, and non-profit partners working together to promote the progress of rural Vermont.
- Darcy Carter, US Small Business Administration
- John Sinclair, Green Mountain & Finger Lakes National Forest
- Paul Bruhn, Preservation Trust of Vermont (Vice Chair)
- Megan Camp, Shelburne Farms (Treasurer)
- Thomas Hark, President Emeritus, Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
- Ted Brady, Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- Al Gobeille, Agency of Human Services
- Julie Moore, Agency of Natural Resources
- Anson Tebbetts, Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets
- Greg Brown, Dummerston (Chair)
- Arthur "Buzz" Schmidt, Retreat Farm
- Tim Smith, Franklin County Industrial Development Corp.
- Ed Vilandrie, Altman Vilandrie & Company
- Jen Kimmich, The Alchemist
- Rob Miller, Vermont State Employees Credit Union
- Wright Preston, Northfield Savings Bank
- Kate Stephenson, HELM Construction
- Phil Fiermonte, Senator Sander's Office
- John Tracy, Senator Leahy's Office
- George Twigg, Congressman Welch's Office
VCRD Board, Staff and Guests at the 2017 Retreat. BACK: Ed Vilandrie, Paul Costello, Megan Camp, Margaret Gibson McCoy, Katherine Sims, Dan Smith, Jen Kimmich, Tom Hark, Jon Copans, Jenna Koloski. FRONT: Phil Fiermonte, Wright Preston, Tim Smith, Al Gobeille, John Tracy, Greg Brown, Peter Walke, Ted Brady, Kate Stephenson, Buzz Schmidt, George Twigg, Marie Houghton.